Monday, October 11, 2010

And the greatest is love.

While journaling I felt God whispering..

What is my destiny? To love. Love out of who I am in you, out of who I made you to be.

Where should I love? Love where you see me loving and where you hear me calling.  Speak the words that I give you and touch the hearts of men. "'Is not My word like fire?' declares the Lord, 'and like a hammer which shatters a rock?'" (Jer. 23:29).  "I have put My words in your mouth and have covered you with the shadow of My hand, to establish the heavens, to found the earth, and to say to Zion, 'You are My people.'" (Is. 51:16). 

What are you saying?  Love.  Love is always the answer.  It is the movement in every moment. It is what I am; it is what you are made of.  Love will free you to love and be loved, beloved. 

What does love feel like? It is undeniable and oft' indescribable.  Love is like a pearl.  "Again the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.  (Matt. 13:45-46).  You've spent your whole life thinking that I was the pearl; but,  you are the pearl, and I have given all I have to buy you.  "You were sold for nothing, and you will be redeemed without money." (Isaiah 32:3.)  You get much more than a pearl.  

"If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.  If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing. Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;  bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away."  (I Cor. 13:1-8).






No comments:

Post a Comment